Thursday, August 25, 2016
Have you enjoyed our show this year? We've had so much fun!
Lots of cute pups, kittens, even fish and elephants!
Now it's time to vote . . .
Let me explain how we will do this:
1. You will need to decide which post you think is the very best for each of the four categories; dog on quilt, cat on quilt, other animal on quilt, and pet-themed (animal themed) quilted project.
2. Leave a comment on this post with your four selections, like this:
dog - number 4392
cat - number 1905
other animal - 744
pet-themed project - 216
Got it? Great!
Now, here is where it's going to get interesting -- you are not required to have a viewer's choice winner to get a prize . . . in fact, you don't even have to enter a project in the show!
Have you visited all of the linkies and left comment love on all of them that you could? Leave me a comment to tell me, and that's another entry in the drawing!
Are you a follower here at the Lilypad? Let me know in another comment -- you just earned another entry!
(Isn't this easy?)
Did you post our button on your blog? Did you post on Facebook to let others know about the show? Those will get you more entries, too! In fact, each of those will get you five more entries!
Now, I won't be able to answer all of these comments, but I will check them all out (and yes, I will check to see if you have been a PR Angel!).
Now, let the voting begin!
We will leave the voting open for a week. Then Padsworth, DragonDrop, and I will sharpen our pencils and start to tally the results!
Good luck, everyone!
Sunday, August 14, 2016
Let's have drum rolls and trumpets sounding! Did ya know that this is the fifth annual show? Of course, this show is not something we thought up here at the Lilypad . . . it was the creation of the QuiltShopGal! She was the gracious host for several years, and it's been our privilege to take over from her, and enjoy the party each year!
This is one of the best parties on the interwebs -- and I can say that, because it's all of you wonderful peeps that make it so great! And, of course, our fabulous sponsors!
Look at all these prizes up for grabs this year!
A copy of My Very Good, Very Bad Dog, provided by author/contributor Jeffree Itrich!
TWO $50 gift certificates from our buddies at the Fat Quarter Shop!
A signed copy of Lara Bucella's book, Crafted Applique, New Possibilities!
A gorgeous bundle of fat quarters from Sharon Holland and AGF!
Five lucky winners will receive a pattern of their choice from Lorna at SewFresh Quilt Designs!
Hoffman Fabrics is sponsoring a "Forest Friends" quilt kit!
Bejeweled Quilts by Barb is offering one winner three patterns from her shop!
Clever Grip Tools is providing one winner a set of these handy tools for quilting!
Terri Stegmiller is sponsoring a lovely set of fat quarters - one of a kind fabrics!
Whew! That's a lot of wonderful prizes!
Are you ready to party? Check here for the rules for our fun, and let's get started! This party will be open for ten days for contestants to enter, and then we will open for the voting.
Saturday, August 13, 2016
It starts tomorrow!
What we like to call the greatest Pets show on earth!
I mean, what's not to love?
Friday, August 12, 2016
Padsworth and DragonDrop, here, with an important linky party announcement!
Every game has its rules, right? Well, our party is no exception. But they are extremely easy to follow!
Check these out!
1. When the linky party begins, use the URL of your blogpost or your Flickr/Instagram photo in the linky sign-up. That way partiers can find you easily!
2. Include a backlink in your post or photo description (in other words, a link to jump back here to the party) for the convenience of the party-goers.
3. Each contestant may enter two photos maximum - if you don't have a blog, you can enter two on Flickr/Instagram. If you blog, your entries can be two blog posts, or one on the blog, and one on Flickr/Instagram.
4. Last year we still had some issues with Google plus contestants....leaving comment love was problematic. It seems that not all of the playgrounds on the Interwebs have easily-opened gates between them. For this year, let's say that Google plus is OK, but you need to have a way for party-goers to leave comments if they are not "on" Google plus. On your entry text, include a note with your email for them. Like this: person(at)gmail(dot)com. If it is at all possible for you to do so, use a blog post or Flickr -- those work the best!
5. Don't be a post-and-run contestant. Hop around and see the other contestants. That is what makes our party so fun! Plus, if you travel and comment on each entry in the show, that qualifies you for an extra entry in the prize drawings!
6. And speaking of comments, make sure you leave comment love . . . no rude comments, OK? Resist the temptation to say, "Cats rule, dogs drool!" and other such things. (Grin)
7. There are four categories, and you need to say which one you are "in." Dog (pup) on quilt, Cat (kitten) on quilt, Other animal on quilt, and Pet-themed quilted project.
8. The party will remain open for contestants for ten days. After that, the voting will begin! And after that, winners are announced!
This is all just too exciting!
See you at the party!
Thursday, August 11, 2016
Would you like to party with us at the Pets on Quilts show, but don't have a blog?
You don't have to be a blogger to party!
You can link your entry to a Flickr photo or an Instagram photo!
Both of those are easy to sign up for, and will work just fine!
So, what are you waiting for?
Get your photos ready, and join the fun, starting Sunday!
Posted by Jacque at 8:19 AM